- Create social media content, including infographics, flow charts, and graphics
- Format handouts, fact sheets, case studies, infographics, and other supporter-facing content
- Edit and format short videos
- Edit/format reports alongside FairVote’s research department as requested
- Develop additional graphics, powerpoint presentations, and other on-brand visual materials as requested
- Support the creation of large content deliverables, such as extensive reports, studies, and presentations. Content editor will manage production of content-specific projects across multiple departments.
- Maintain timeliness of FairVote/FairVote Action websites, specifically updating content
- Maintain all materials created by FairVote to ensure brand consistency and messaging best practices
- Ensure all outbound content reflects FairVote/FairVote Action’s brand
- Participate in messaging research, including focus groups, polling, and messaging/media audits
- Integrate messaging research into ongoing communications campaigns
- Balance messaging best practices with design and branding best practices
- Populate an internal editorial calendar, including key products and their scheduled publish date
- Collaborate with and occasionally manage vendors (graphic designers, web design firms) on an as-needed basis
- Draft proposals and reports as needed, in collaboration with the Communications Department and other FairVote staff
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in design, art, production, political science, mass media, or a similar field
- Preference will be given to candidates with advanced certificates in graphic design
- 3-4 years of expertise developing graphics and videos for a variety of audiences
- Proven understanding of nuanced policy issues, especially election reform issues
- 2-3 years experience project managing colleagues to develop public-facing materials
- Experience in Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Figma/Canva
- Experience in After Effects or Premiere Pro
- Experience maintaining web content via CMS, i.e. Webflow, Wordpress, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining creative assets for social media accounts
- Outstanding commitment to creating content that promotes FairVote’s current top electoral reforms: ranked choice voting and the Fair Representation Act
- Ability to understand the perspective and needs of different audiences and develop persuasive public-facing content to earn positive coverage of FairVote and FairVote’s priority issues
- Outstanding political judgement and commitment to work across the political spectrum for FairVote reforms
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in the creation and dissemination of public-facing materials
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility, both in the workplace and in media coverage of FairVote’s proposed electoral reforms
- Ability to appreciate and contribute to a work environment that values integrity, adaptability, reliability, collaboration, a commitment to learning, and a sense of humor
- Ability to engage thought leaders, including spokespeople, election administrators, elected officials, and coalition partners
FairVote is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against. Candidates must be employable in the US as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Our Mission: FairVote is a nonpartisan organization seeking better elections for all. We research and advance voting reforms that make democracy more functional and representative for every American.
What We Do: FairVote has a proven record since 1992 as a nonpartisan trailblazer that advances and wins electoral reforms at the local, state and national level through strategic research, communications and collaboration. Today, we are the driving force behind advancing ranked choice voting and fair representation in multi-winner legislative districts that will open up our elections to better choices, fairer representation and more civil campaigns.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)