- Co-Lead with the Senior Executive Team and manages the development and implementation of a comprehensive MEL strategy and framework based on widely-accepted MEL methodologies to guide the strategic execution and priority setting for FairVote’s learning strategy.
- Details the resources required for the implementation of learning, and monitoring and evaluation priorities, negotiates these requirements with program leads, and then with the Senior Executive Team, and authorizes and monitors the annual learning budget
- Lead program evaluation efforts, including the development of tools and resources to support data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Oversee and support the accurate and timely collection of both qualitative and quantitative data for indicators to track implementation
- Monitors and tracks FairVote's Theory of Change; works closely with the Senior Executive Team and key program leads to revising overall strategy to review and evaluate progress
- Leads and directs the implementation of priority learning activities monitor progress, and effectively addresses challenges encountered in the implementation
- Co-leads with the Communications Director on the dissemination of FairVote learning results to internal and external audiences
- Ensures that the FairVote colleagues uphold FairVote’s shared values in all aspects of their work, and perform their duties and functions in a collaborative, effective, and supportive team environment
- Identifies, approves, and manages consultants for the Learning program
- Actively participates in the national learning community both to contribute to FairVote's growing knowledge and to ensure that FairVote learning work incorporates good practice.
- Oversees the implementation of all grants and awards to FairVote for work falling within the priorities of the Learning program, includes supporting the President and CEO with reports to funding partners
- Supports the President and CEO in securing resources needed for FairVote over the medium term, includes developing funding proposals
- Supports the Executive Team in maintaining and safeguarding the integrity of FairVote institutional systems and operations
- Master’s degree in a social science discipline
- 4 to 6 years of experience in M&E, performance management, and reporting in electoral reform processes
- Up to 6 years of experience in nonprofit, democracy advancement in a variety of contexts including electoral reforms
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience building and learning and documentation initiatives, and effectively supporting these collaborations
- related field experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection with strong management and analysis skills and an understanding of statistical analysis software such as Excel, Stata, or SPSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high-level ability to communicate effectively with partners, colleagues, consultants, and representatives of government and other partner organizations
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills; strong experience in identifying and addressing problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrates a high level of organization; a strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to establish, maintain and grow networks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package required; proficiency with other specialist software applications desirable
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for FairVote’s mission
- Highly flexible and adaptable to shifting environments and works well under pressure
- Motivated to learn and willing to contribute to learning initiatives
FairVote is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against. Candidates must be employable in the US as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Our Mission: FairVote is a nonpartisan organization seeking better elections for all. We research and advance voting reforms that make democracy more functional and representative for every American.
What We Do: FairVote has a proven record since 1992 as a nonpartisan trailblazer that advances and wins electoral reforms at the local, state and national level through strategic research, communications and collaboration. Today, we are the driving force behind advancing ranked choice voting and fair representation in multi-winner legislative districts that will open up our elections to better choices, fairer representation and more civil campaigns.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)